Campaigns specify the terms and conditions under which Messages are delivered to guests. In general, there are two broad types of Campaigns – Scheduled, and Triggered. Scheduled Campaigns are sent according to the calendar and can be either one-time messages or recurring messages. Triggered Campaigns are based on some guest action or inaction. Details of the full range of available Scheduled and Triggered Campaign options can be found later in this document.
Campaigns may consist of an unlimited number of Promotions. This is useful when two or more promotions are put in place for the same objective, such as a new store opening.
The Campaign Listing page displays a listing of campaigns and shows key data such as the trigger type; number of messages sent, delivered, bounced, and clicked; and the created, start, and end dates.
At the top of the Campaign Listing page are several devices which give users control over which campaigns appear in the listing. These are as follows:
- Locations: View campaigns for one or more locations
- Status: Filter campaigns by status (All/Active/Inactive)
- Trigger Type: Filter campaigns by trigger type (All/Scheduled/Triggered)
- Message: View campaigns that are configured to use a particular Message.
The function of the Add Campaign button in the upper right-hand corner of the screen will be discussed in more detail later in this document.
The listing table itself consists of the following columns of data:
- Campaign Name: The name of the campaign
- Promotion Name: The name of the promotion(s) used within a campaign
- Type: The type of message: Offer, Rating, or Message
- Sent: # of promotions that have been sent to guests
- Delivered: # of promotion e-mails that can be confirmed delivered
- Bounced: # sent promotion e-mails that have bounced
- Clicks: # customer clicks that a promotion link has received
- : # of guests who have unsubscribed after the promotion
- Created: The date the promotion was created
- Start Date: The date the promotion was/is scheduled to begin
- End Date: The date the promotion was/is scheduled to end, if applicable
- Action: Provides buttons allowing users to View or Edit promotions
A small device at the lower right-hand side of the screen allows users to change the number of promotions that will appear on each page of the Campaign Listing.
At the right-hand side of each Promotion listing are View and Edit buttons. Clicking the View button for a promotion takes users to the Promotion Details page, which shows details for that particular promotion. The Promotion Details page is discussed more fully below.
Clicking the Edit button allows users to change the name of a campaign. It is important to recognize that changing the name of a campaign for a particular promotion does not change the campaign name for other promotions associated with the same campaign.
Promotion Details Page
The Promotion Details page provides more information about the performance of a promotion than is found on the Campaign Listing page, including the number and percentage of customers who returned to the location after receiving a promotion, the number of redemptions, and the value of redeeming customers (I.E., The Per Person Average multiplied by the number of redeemed promotions).
This page also includes a table showing promotion metrics broken out by location.
Buttons in the upper-right corner of the screen allow users to Terminate the promotion or add a new promotion under the same campaign.