Each message type has a series of fields that must be completed to create a new message. As parameters are entered, a live preview window on the right-hand side of the screen updates to show a mock-up of the message being created.
To create a new message, navigate to the Message Listing page under the Automated Marketing link in the left-hand menu. Then click Add Message in the top of the screen to initiate the message creation function.
Next, follow these steps to create and save a new message to the message inventory:
- Select the message type: Offer, Rating, or (Standard) Message.
- Select the location(s) for which this message should be available.
- Enter an Email Subject for the message.
- Enter an Email Title for the message.
- Enter an Email Text for the message.
Use Image as Coupon - Selected
This checkbox is selected by default. If left in the “selected” mode:
- Upload a Promotion Image. The maximum image width is 600 pixels.
Add an optional Promotion Image Link Url. This will make the Promotion Image clickable and take guests to the specified URL
Use Image as Coupon - Deselected
If this option is deselected, the fields for this section change. Promotion Image and Promotion Image Link Url are replaced with the following:
- Enter a Promotion Title
- Enter an optional Promotion Sub Title.
- Upload a Supporting Image. The maximum image width is 200 pixels.
- Add an optional Supporting Image Link Url. This will make the Supporting Image clickable and take guests to the specified URL.
- Upload a Logo Image. The maximum image width is 150 pixels.
- Add an optional Logo Image Link Url. This will make the Logo Image clickable and take guests to the specified URL
Regardless of whether Use Image as Coupon is selected or deselected, a text field for adding optional Promotion Terms is displayed.
The remaining steps depend upon the type of message being created.
- Enter the number of Days to Redeem this offer. This value is the number of days from the date that they receive the promotion that guests have to redeem the offer. Leaving a value of zero for this parameter will create an offer with no expiration date.
- Enter the Redeem Limit. This is the number of times that a specific coupon may be redeemed. Leaving a value of one for this parameter means that the offer may be redeemed only one time. Setting the value to zero means that it may be redeemed an unlimited number of times.
- Enter the Days until Start. Users may set a delay before the offer is available. Leaving a value of zero for this parameter means that there is no delay and the offer may be used immediately.
- Enter a Rating Message. This message is the question or statement presented to guests to request a rating and will be presented on the Offer message immediately above the stars device.
When the Messages option is selected, no additional fields are required to be completed
When responses are provided for all required fields, pressing the Submit button will add this newly-created message to the messaging inventory, causing it to appear on the Message Listing page.